The Corporate World

Monday 25 July 2011
24 July 2011 1.00 am

Hello bak!!I am again back with details of my so very monotonous but happening life right at the moment. I am sorry if you feel that always I go “me, me and me!!” in my blog, but may be this is the only place where I can attach a bit of narcissism and snobbish behaviour into my thoughts.. ;)..Anyway I will be back to some lighter stuff soon enough, but that’s not the point.

I really miss my college days, job life sucks bigtime, especially when your superior assigns you responsibilties so soon, like you have to talk and behave like a manager, manage people, make them to do tasks and get them done in time, and if you don’t, you get screwed. More so, you can say, screw or get screwed.. C’mon we are just trainees now. The only thing that feels good is to be called “Sir” by my sub-ordinates.. Like I got a scolding and a lecture by my senior today for calling everyone I met everywhere Sirs and bhaiyas…How am I supposed to know they are my subordinates!!!And the funny feeling is I call them bhaiya, they call me Sir.

One more thing I learnt..Save your ass anyway, no matter whatever happens to someone else. Following moral values and ethics in corporate world can rather be risky, and I tell you its foolish. Its not Live and let live, its kill or get killed..I might sound like an asshole saying all the amoral stuff, but believe it or not, its very true, rectitude has no altitude in corporate life. Next comes the concept of handshakes. I don’t remember when last I shaked my hand with someone before joining the job. Now I get to know so many hands, before I know the people. And its funny, the various types of ways in which people shake hands, we will talk about it in another post. Also the distance I walk here everyday, its almost like having a morning and evening walk in a day, so don’t be very surprised if you meet a slim ansuman next time ;). However the only good news is our pay structure has been revised and hiked :)

Now moving on next topic, My 1st corporate party. It was like I reached office around 8.40 am and was there till 7.30pm and from there we went straight to the farewell party of two of our department seniors. Well we were just four trainees from our department and around 15 more seniors including the department head. It was a room with comfy sofas all over arranged in a round fashion, there was a home threater audio system playing soft music. There was some light conversation between the members and then came the starters. Not a hard guess, the starters included Haywards 5000 beer and royal stag whisky ;). Thanks God, they had thums up too :D. Our GM, me and my friend were the only exceptions into the no-beer-whisky sections though our seniors did try to lure us, but they never forced. Here I would like to say I don’t drink not coz I am one of those bhadra choras but coz I have already tasted a can of before and it tastes horrible. Now whatever it is, suddenly the quite formal party turned into a rave party. Loud rock party music and dance continued till 11 after which we had our dinner. The food tasted damn too good given a few reasons, 1- We don’t get too good food in our hostel, its just manageable 2- We don’t have non-veg food in our hostel 3- I had had my lunch at 1.30 and after that, I hadn’t got a chance to eat anything. Finally I reached my hostel around 12 and its 1.20 now.

Here I would like to give my college juniors an advice. Enjoy as much as u can in the present phase of your life. Its going to be living hell for you once you enter the corporate world..In short, Yeh Zindagi na milegi dobara.. I miss my parents most, n yeah, my friends too..n also, some those-who-should-not-be-named people too ;) (P.S.- No Voldermots)..Chalo yar, sone chalta hoon..bahut tired hei jaichi..subha ratri :)

Signing Off
A.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment