Smile Please :)

Thursday 5 May 2011

Say CHEESE!!umm..wait..Temme something. Can you ever think of something that you give and still lose nothing? Its nothing more than a curve which seems to set everything right, it is something that points the corner of your mouth towards heaven, its something that adorned your sweet face 2 lines ago, its nothing but gathering small reasons of happiness into a pile, its all about a SMILE. Life gives us so many opportunities to smile, but often we fail to take them, but we forget that the world looks much brighter behind a smile, a smile can lighten up the darkest day.

Think about the reasons of why you should smile. Even thinking for a reason to smile becomes a reason to smile. And talking about reasons, we have so many!!Smiling at a light joke, at a funny situation, about some nostalgic moments, on seeing a good-looking guy/girl , smiling at nothing and on it goes. Well, the biggest reason is just for the sake of smiling. A smiling face always looks animated and vivacious, no matter what lies behind that face.

And yeah!!smiling is infectious. As a matter of fact, most smiles are contagious reciprocations of other smiles. And even better, you give it, it comes back right on to your face. Of everything you wear, smile tends to become the most prominent thing for the person who is trying to perceive you. You can spoil the day of your enemy with a smile and as far being an enemy is concerned, one must know that a frown is nothing, but a smile turned upside down, and when the frown is turned upside down again, it can alter the whole equation of enmity into friendship.

Quoting a line from P.S. I Love you “ Today give a stranger one of your smiles and that might be the only sunshine he sees all day”. That’s the power of smile. It has the power to heal, to offer the warmth of emotions and relief. And remember, life is just a reflection of whatever we think and do, smiling at the mirror of life is hence not at all a wasteful pursuit. You won’t ever find a smiling face that isn’t beautiful and the wrinkles that invade our face are nothing but the places where the smiles once resided, mind it my friends, smile can be your best make-ups to hide them. It is a best welcome note and the most powerful weapon. As Charles Reade said “ Beauty is power, a smile its sword”. And according to a fact, it takes 17 muscles to smile, but 43 muscles to frown. So why waste the extra energy??

But a smile tends to have its dark part too. Smiling scornfully, derisively, smugly or just smirking or simpering is not the real essence of exhibiting a smile. Its is more like misusing a virtue. A smile is supposed to be such that it caresses and heals the heart. So always do smile, u never know when and how someone gets in love with your smile.

Now the reason why smiling as a blog post entered my mind is the recent comment of my friends..They say I don’t smile in my pics. Well, I admit I don’t or rather I haven’t. I would like to elucidate a small lil story here. When I was around 8-9 years old, when my milk teeth were still milky, my permanent teeth suddenly began to invade them. Maybe I had become too mature that my permanent teeth couldn’t wait but sprout out. They started growing like climbers and creepers pushing apart my milk teeth and the outcome: The dentist had to forcefully uproot 7-8 of my milk teeth in a year or two.

So finally what happened was the teeth grew just like weeds wherever and whenever they wanted to. And that made me camera conscious. Reason: When I smile, two of my front teeth feel very happy to jump out of my mouth :(. So I always try to give a well calculated stretch of my lips which gets fully miscalculated. And the outcome: a stupid looking face :D. Worse is few of my elders who find my toothy smile “cute”.WTH!!Often in my skul days, I used to complain my mom to get my teeth in order with all that clipping n all. She would just laugh and repeat the same Sanskrit phrase “kochit dantaha murkhaha” ( Very rare people with protruding teeth are fools). I used to feel so irritated at the reply :(. But newaz, I hope that sad story would draw sympathetic feelings from my friends who wouldn’t complain anymore about why I don’t smile in a pic :D

Now whatever it maybe, I wish if this piece of writing would have given you even the least of smiles, then my post will be worth it. Remember something, “A friendly look, a kindly smile, a good act and lifes worthwhile”.

Signing Off
A.M.

6 comments:

  1. good one!!! expressing your feelings about a smile but couldn't smile in ur own pic....

  1. Pamela said...:

    Smile smile...Love ur smile..Keep smiling :)

  1. Biswajeet said...:

    U knw, along with laugh, peeing and yawning are contagious too :P

  1. A.M. said...:

    OMG!!i knew abt yawning, but peeing!!!!Enli8mnt bro :D

  1. Ankita said...:

    I (reluctantly) admit ur blog is superb...u wrte very well n u hve improvd a lot. i agree wd u dat u sud thnk abt odr bettr viable optns dan some core-sector job!
    but damn, ur blog is raking in more trps dan mine :-/

  1. Tejal said...:

    hahah.. that's such a cute story about your childhood.. sigh..poor thing..had to get your milk teeth out and all.. but you know what? Nobody gives a damn about the shape/size of people's smile!! :P As far as photos are concerned everybody gives wide-fake-smiles-that-look-real ! Try that so that the next time you look at old pictures, for a fleeting second, you'd think you were as happy as you look !

Post a Comment