What then and What now!!!

Tuesday 10 May 2011
Once again, our great university has put us under a lot of confusion over the schedule of the exams. Well that’s nothing new for us, but suddenly things have taken an unprecedented turn of events over some rumours about CET. Funny to see people going berserk against CET hurling out profanities in a group forum in FB. And yeah, even better , our cet stalwarts are leaving no stone unturned to poke their ass either.. Well my post has got nothing to do with that. Its just that the enlightening literature and the blasphemy used in the cnvo inside the posts reminded me of something..Actually a lot of things!!

Lemme tell u about an incident. I was in 3rd year, on my way back home in the college bus, and was busy ragging a 1st yearer, well no ragging, mind it.. It was just an interactive session :P. I asked the junior to say something which he denied to do. I asked y not and out came the answer “Sir, eguda kharap katha , mu kahibini”..All of us burst into laughter at his reply. That made me to ask him if I am a bad guy is what he meant. The terrified look in his eyes just made me tap his shoulders and let him go away. All I wondered is had it been those more enlightened seniors, then they would have ripped off a piece of the mind of that guy who showed quite a bit of irreverence.

That incident made me wonder what I was and what I have become. I remember when I first joined davcsp. I was a pure innocent dumbass. My new friends with all their friendly and polite manners, with the sole objective of testing my bhadra-ness, asked me to shout “alpha Q” at the top of my voice..N guess what, I did, only to realize to my embarrassment later what exactly that meant. That was just the beginning. I remember in 11th I had my tutors-cum-friends who sought to improve my language base. I was being taught the way kids are done in kindergartens.. A for beep..B for beep..C for beep and so on. Those beepy stuff sounded so funny to me. And my tutors were kind enough to grant me a chocolate everytime I blurted out one of those beeps.

I remember my first day at cet. And I specifically remember the sweet interactive session with my seniors in the bus. How sweet it was!!Literally in one day I was made to face all the A-Z beeps together. I found them even more enlightened than my skilled tutors. I wonder how that “mu kharap katha kahibini” wala guy wud hav tolerated the sabotage, u need a big heart for it and a deaf ear too :D. Anyway, it wasn’t very long before I was an amateur saboteur too :D. Very interestingly, one of those guys who had been a part of the alpha Q stuff, joined our college as a junior and I made him enact one of those Ads that is often shown as a public awareness campaign and that makes us feel so awkward in case an elder is watching TV wid us. I had my retribution, LOL.

But I was really shocked when I heard my nephews, kiddos in class-5 or 6, using expletives , which I din even have any idea about, till class 11..wow..dat is what you call the Gen-Y. OMG! I called up my friend, my closest friend actually to tell him what he lacks in :D. Well I do feel guilty at tyms that I spoiled my friend, but friends are often meant for that :P. I remember in 2nd year, one of my big bros had called me up and asked me, whether I had learned those esteemed words. N ya, whether I had “pata-ed” a “toki” or not. I din knw there was more enlightment coming from my bhai.. “ There are two category of boys. One who flirt and the others who comment”. Pity, I was in none of the categories. Not in the former coz of my my so-very-big hell-bent ego and not in the latter, coz I din want 2 :(.

Since then, I have come a long way. I have been a member of the elite MC group and we work out on our new innovations and making fun of it. Whatever it maybe, I feel surprised, there can still be people like one of my friends who talks to the juniors like “are suna, tama intro ta please daba?” :P. Nicest decentest guy u hardly see.

Well, whatever it maybe, there are a lot of things u learn in life. Good bad or a mix o both. U gotta use the thing in a proper mature way. Else no difference between an engineer and a rickshaw wallah. U gotta enjoy life and have fun, but you gotta have certain limitations too, not the way its going on in the bput forum in fb. Now whatever, just got the news that our exams got shifted. Implies, a** saved for a few more days. But I also feel sorry for a few people, whom the shift is gonna cause troubles. All u gotta to know is u r under an university which is just hopeless. So it is rightly renamed “bapa pua (jhia) under tension”.. That’s all from me right now.

Signing off
A.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment