Mind or Matter

Monday 7 March 2011
Hello friends,m bak again..However dis tym wid a topic of higher gravity..M not sure if you are going to appreciate dis venture,but nevertheless,its my blog,so its my wish :P..jst kidding.But I call for a bit of patience here.Lets go an odyssey of the mind..I hope you would enjoy the thing.


Anyways,the reason why I am writing dis stems up from my fickleness..rather call it the high entropic state of my mind..Something I have already mentioned in my 1st blog post.Now mind is something that even fails to adhere to the theory of relativity..It is probably the only thing (well,m nt sure if its a thing nor are nebody else),that can move with a speed faster than light..Now matter universally follows the theory of relativity.Well,Mind is even faster than vodafone 3G or even probably Rajnikant :P.This very moment my mind lies in what I am writing and the very next moment I find it in the midst of an unknown planet light years away.So,Mind is supposed to have no limitations,no boundaries and thus,the mind is beyond everything.If mind is not matter as we say it is independent of the relativistic theory,then does mind exist or is it an emergent property of the brain?And no matter,whatever mind is,what is its real capability?What exactly do we mean when we use the term MIND?Now I guess this is turning out to be bit monotonous,at the same time a bit vague and equivocal..Lets make it a bit more enlightening.

Well, I hope all my friends must have watched inception.Now that movie is about manipulating the thoughts of the mind to incept an idea into the mind which is done by decepting a person by taking him into several levels of dreams.1st thing,such a spectacular incepting technique or device doesn't exist.It was all the imagination of the "mind" of the writer that made up the story.Now,u may argue that maybe in the future,we might encounter such a great invention,but the thing it will again be the creation of a "mind" or "minds" maybe.So "mind" u,It is all MIND that makes it all possible.I remember,in my skul tyms,I used to watch a serial in DD-1, called "Lekin Woh Sach Tha".Then my parents din get me a cable connection coz I wud hav screwd up everything reveling wid the idiot box all the tym..But den,DD-1 was enjoyable too..I wud talk about dat in anoder post.Ok so in that serial,they
used to show supernatural things,a few things that are scientifically not completely interpretable,but possible.Just for example,der was a story in which a guy desperately wanted to attend the birthday of his girlfriend but was trapped in a traffic jam.So he called his gf to tell her about it,only to find he was already
present there.The Scientific explanation of that is our mind has got unthinkable power to get things done.A general human being according to studies uses only 10% of his total mind capability.Even the most ingenious human species uses maximum around 30-40% of the mind/brain as u can say.Now as we know some babas sadhus or watever possess some extraneous qualities like u might remember the monaco biscuit ad where the guy used to go a few feet above the ground on taking a bite of monaco.Well I am not sure about monaco,but yes,mind posesses such capabilities.Here,i would like to talk about a condition(some call it a disease) called psychokinesis which is a psychic extreme of the mind over matter phenemenon.This refers to the ability of an individual to move physical objects with the power of the mind or thoughts.Suppose you want a pen and you have it coming flying away from the drawer.Doesn't it sound cool,eh?

Now,what I said above seems too far-fetched.But before i move on to the lighter side of the topic,let us dwell upon another issue-the existence of the mind.Now ask it to yourself.Do something called mind actually exists?Its a similar question as to whether God or a supreme power exists that created and runs everything.Now even to think about an answer,you need a "mind".So it is kinda ludicrous to say nothing sort of mind exists.However still then,to confirm the mere existence of something,we need to confirm its physical presence,something that can be
experienced.But we merely experience some attributes of the mind such as ideas,thoughts,emotions,perception,pain etc,but not the mind itself.When I say,these are attributes of the mind,that is just a presumption.However,if we
are talking about directly experiencing something,then the we presuppose the presence of a mind.So unless and until we don't accept the assumption about the presence of a mind(even though not physically),we can't accept a few more things.So putting it in the word of Arthur conan Doyle,"when you have eliminated the impossible,whatever remains,no matter how improbable it is,must be the truth".So a MIND exists.


Moving on to Mind or matter.Well,given the few instances I have already present above,Mind definitely seems to be more capable ,powerful and brawny than matter.There would still be people who can debate on the thing and i agree
there are issues to be debated upon.But putting that in a practical perspective,Mind does score over matter.Now there is a concept of "The Law of attraction" in personal growth studies.It states "if your mind focuses its
attention on an object of desire and truly believes that it will come true with constant visualization of the final achieved state along with constant affirmation to the subconscious mind, then your mind power will affect the cosmos and ultimately result in the manifestation of the object of your want in reality."This reminds me of the OSO dialogue "agar kisi cheez ko dil se chahte ho,to puri kaynat tumhe use milane pe jut jata hai".Now we are referring the "dil" to be an analogy of the mind in the Law of attraction.

So mind is the more or less same as will power.The message that mind keeps reverberating in our mind is that "use me and u and me together can work out wonders".This emphasizes the potential of the mind over matter.Everything in this world is interconnected and interwined.One change leads to others.All we need to do is to focus our thoughts and control our mind the way we want it to be.We say we are just the victims of our fate.The mind says "help me and recreate your destiny".Just decide the things you want as ur goal,use mind over matter and mould it to the whole,you will see life's connection in whatever u think u aspire and u do,it will all be lyk deja vu.Albert Einstein said-
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift
And the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honours the servant
And has forgotten the gift"
So do I say,make the most of that gift.Now friend if u have had the opportunity to reach dis far,den 1ce again, I would say I really envy ur patience..;)..Hope all that made sense..For me it was euphony of my heart once again..Signing off

A.M.

2 comments:

  1. very philosophical way to express the presence of mind in reality....... got me out....... :)

  1. A.M. said...:

    got me out too when I realised what I had scribbled.. ;)

Post a Comment